PreK 2 - Grade 1: Required age for admission by August 31 of enrollment year
PreK 2: must be 2 years old by entry date
PreK 3: must be 3 years old
PreK 4: must be 4 years old
KG: must be 5 years old
Grade 1: must be 6 years old
STEP 1. Online Application & Supporting DocumentsFor All Students:
- Complete the online application form available at rism.openapply.com/apply
- Application fee of 5,000 baht non-refundable payment that includes admissions testing. (Submitting an application does not guarantee placement.)
- Submit school report cards from the last 3 academic years (must be in English or an official English translation)
- For Grade 9 - 12 students: Records must be official High School transcripts or official English translation signed by the school
- For Catholic students only: Submit Baptismal Certificate
- Copy of student’s passport with non-immigrant visa status
- Copies of parents’ passports with non-immigrant visa status (if applicable)
- Copy of student’s birth certificate
- Copies of both parents’ and student’s Thai Household Registration
- Copies of both parents’ and student’s Thai Passports or Identification Cards
Learning Support students:
- Individual Educational Plan (IEPs)
- Psychological and/or educational evaluations
- Medical certificates
STEP 2. Screening & Admissions Testing
Once payment of the application fee has been made and all of the required documents have been submitted, an Admissions Officer will contact you to schedule an admissions test for your child.
PreK 2 – Grade 1: All applicants will have a developmental observation session with the Elementary School Counselor and the School Psychologist. A parent interview will also be held with the Director of Pupil Services. One or both parents must be present for this session.
Grades 2 – 10: Mainstream students will take the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) test in Reading and Mathematics, as well as a writing test. Students may not use calculators or dictionaries for these tests.
Grades 11 – 12: Students will take the Metropolitan Achievement Test (MAT) in Reading Comprehension, MAP test in
Mathematics, and a writing test. Students may not use calculators or dictionaries for these tests.
English Language Development (ELD) Students: Students who have not been attending a school where English is the language of instruction (minimum of 3 years), will take the WIDA-SCREENER Placement Test, which is administered by an ELD faculty member and covers listening, reading, speaking, and writing.
Learning Support (LS) Students: Our Learning Support (LS) program is designed to help all students develop the skills they need to access the general school curriculum. Learning Support students succeed in the regular classroom through close collaboration between learning support staff and classroom teachers. LS students who have not had a psychological test within the last 12 months will need to pass a psychological or educational evaluation administered by the School Psychologist.
STEP 3. Meeting with School Director & Registration ProcedureAn Admissions Officer will arrange for you to meet the School Director (or designate) who will review your child's test results and grade-level placement. If your child is accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter, registration package, invoice, and other documents necessary for enrollment. Your child should not withdraw from his or her current school until enrollment at RIS is confirmed.
When seats are limited, students may be placed on a waiting list. Please note: A place on the waiting list does not guarantee placement at RIS. To enroll at RIS, your child must complete the registration process and the school fees must be paid by the due date on the invoice.
Additional Details:Schedule a Campus Tour:
Come and join us for a campus tour! Our Admissions Officers will share further details about our RIS community while answering your questions and showcasing our safe and secure learning environment. To schedule a tour, visit rism.openapply.com
Please contact us 2 -3 working days before your campus tour so we can help arrange your transportation.
(Redeemer Hall R102) 02 791 8900 ext. 378 or 134 firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Finance Office:
(Administrative Building AD 104) 02 791 8900 ext. 112 email@example.com